Guidelines for Memorials
1. These guidelines shall only apply where there are not in existence Churchyard Guidelines for the churchyard in question, approved by the Chancellor under the terms of the Instrument of Authorisation.
2. Subject to paragraph 1, the minister may approve the introduction into the churchyard of any memorial if:
(3) the memorial is adequately secured into the ground so as to ensure that it is stable
(4) in the case of a stone memorial
(5) in the case of a memorial consisting of a vertical headstone, with or without a horizontal base
(6) in the case of a memorial consisting of a vertical headstone on a horizontal slab
(7) in the case of a memorial consisting of a horizontal slab
(8) the inscription on the memorial contains at least
(9) the memorial contains no advertisement or trademark other than the name or mark of the mason which shall be at the base of the side or rear of the stone and no more than 13mm high
3. Any other memorial may only be introduced into a churchyard with the authority of a faculty.
4. The minister shall not approve a memorial, notwithstanding compliance with paragraph 2 above, if he/she considers that it is
Issued by the Cancellor for the Diocese of Worcester
1 March 2004
|Copyright ©2008 St Marys Oldswinford.|
All Rights Reserved.